Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Li'l Pumpkin

It must be an age thing. I don't think I was that thrilled with the taste of pumpkin when I was younger. Sure, I'd enjoy a piece of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving... as long as it was smothered with Cool Whip. Now, though, I am a big fan of all things pumpkin!

Another reason to love fall besides the perfect temperatures and beautiful leaves, if you as me. And I'm sure you did.

After visiting with Jim's Uncle Joe and Aunt Janice tonight, I realize I am not the only one. Aunt Janice loves pumpkin and we are baking soul sisters so I told her I'd share an easy recipe (and sorry if I have previously done so)...


I am the queen of easy and this one was EASY! I also added some Vanilla Cream Chips because the mixologist in me just can't let it be that simple. I'm sure Chocolate Chips would work, too.

Oh, Pumpkin, how do I love thee? Let me count thy ways...

Coffee: Dunkin' Donuts brand Pumpkin Spice coffee is deee-lish. Top it off with some sugar-free Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer and I am in autumn bliss. (My pumpkin tea is good, too!)

Pop Tarts: Yes, the pumpkin muffins above are good, but Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts are not bad either.

Ice Cream: I have not and probably won't buy pumpkin-flavored hard ice cream, but I certainly enjoy my Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ and the pumpkin shakes at Culver's. Yummers!

Baked Goods: Pie, cake, cookies, desserts... Just about anything is great with pumpkin. And my IPN (Insiders Pumpkin Network) has informed me that Target carries Pumpkin Chips for baking. Now those would be good in... well, everything!!

Pudding: This year, Jell-O came out with Pumpkin Spice Pudding. The store has been out every time so that is still on my wish list. Probably wouldn't take it "straight," but could incorporate it in some sort of dessert.

Candy: Last year, I bought a few bags of Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses and used them in baking. Have not seen them anywhere this year. Has anyone else?

Fragrance: Pumpkin combined with just the right amount of cinnamon and spice gives off a comforting autumn aroma. I've got some in my Scentsy warmer right now and some Bath and Body hand soap.

Did I miss anything? If I did, please pass it along. I can always use a li'l pumpkin in my life.

Because this list clearly isn't long enough.


No comments: