Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lady in Waiting

I've read enough historical romance novels in my day to know that a "Lady in Waiting" is a lady appointed to serve or attend a queen or princess or some royal female.

In our Royal house, Sylvester plays both roles. She is a princess always and a lady-in-waiting when Daddy's gone. I'm serious. It's all here in black and white.



Hubby has been subbing for a bowling team on most Tuesday evenings this fall. So tonight, while our sweet kitty could have snuggled with me on the couch to watch The Voice, she opted to sit on the rug, staring at the door, willing it to open and have her master walk in.

I am not exaggerating when I say she does this every time he is gone. Maybe during the daytime she sleeps through any absences. But when I am home and Jim leaves, she is quite aware that her favorite is gone and she is stuck with me and the stinky teenager.

Poor, poor, kitty. Such rough lot in life.

And poor, poor, Jim. Always having a princess greet him at the door.

I guess it takes the pressure off me. I don't have to greet him as Her Royal Highness. I can just be High and Mighty. We'll see where that gets me in the Spoiling Department. Ha. Sylvester is more Sly than I give her credit for.

Keep on waiting, little lady.


No comments: