Sunday, October 12, 2014

Speed Zone

Has there been a Star Trek invasion lately? Time seems to be traveling at warp speed! And I do not like it.

This weekend... Gone! What the ...?

I guess due to Homecoming activities mainly, I have been out of the house most of Friday and Saturday. Then I stayed up 'til 2 a.m. fiddling around with those photos so I wouldn't have to do that today. Needless to say, this girl did not get up for 8 o'clock church.

Went to 10:30 service, though, and I was still tired. Too old for this!

After church I stopped at the store for a few ingredients to make "Easy Crockpot Potato Soup." Hey if it wasn't easy, I wouldn't be doing it. Once you mix up a bag of dice hashbrowns, box of chicken soup broth, a can of cream of chicken soup and some bacon bits, you're pretty much good to go for 8 hours. I had to speed things up in the end so we could eat at a decent time for supper, but it was good topped with shredded cheddar cheese and a few more bacon bits with a bread stick on the side. Yum. Glad I slaved all day over that!

Actually, I did do my slave chores. Uhm, let's just say my "Saturday chores" have missed a few Saturdays. Got the sweeping, dusting and vacuuming done and planned to do a real in-depth cleaning but I got a much better offer.





Since the weather was mostly sunny and in the high 50s, hubby, his dad and sister and I went golfing. Let me tell you, it is not hard in central Wisconsin for a foursome of 2 Vikings fans and 2 Bears fans to get a tee time during the televised Packer game.

Everybody wins. (In that situation anyway.)

The sun went away so we needed to keep our golf jackets on for the most part, but we had a great time. I don't even know my score but Sherry and I laughed a lot. Even when she was trying to hit me with the ball! It was good way to wrap up the season... unless we get an Indian Summer down the road.

Or did we already have it? Hope not.

Came home to the homework boy and had our soup supper. Was going to get more cleaning and organizing done tonight but decided to start picking through Colorado photos. Oh boy. I may have to spread those out over a few days. I got done with the ones from the regular camera but now have to transfer ones from my camera phone.

Right now my eyes are fried so maybe I'll get on that tomorrow. I just hope Monday does not fly by as quickly as the rest of the weekend.

Then again, Christopher Columbus wasn't known for his warp speed.

Whew.


No comments: