Monday, October 27, 2014

No Excuses? Well, Some...


The weather was so nice this weekend, I KNEW I should get out for a run, or at least a walk, but I was too darn lazy, er, busy!

However, when glancing at the calendar today and seeing November on the horizon, I realized this might be our "Indian Summer." We may not get another beautiful fall day like it.

So I took my "should" and made it a "could" and did it. Not without a handful of ready excuses not to. A co-worker and I almost out-excused each other before we realized we should just shut up and go!

My one excuse was that I'd be too hot. Seriously. Had long sleeves and long running tights packed. Thankfully, I had shorts in my workout bag, too. I did, however, have to "borrow" a t-shirt from a reject pile at work. Whatever it takes, right?

It got up to 69 degrees today. So we enjoyed a nice summer-like run in the sunshine. I probably even went slow enough to get a tan. Ha.

Now the weather is turning to that "deep into fall / prelude to winter" crap for the rest of the week. How will this sun goddess stay motivated? Not sure but I do realize you need to string together more than one of something to make it a streak.

So while I agree 100% with Auntie Acid today – especially the banana bread I made tonight – I will have to use other muscles besides my mouth. Probably ones that won't see the light of day again until May.

That's actually good. Wearing shorts today I noticed I've already gotten a jump start on the No-Shave November!

Not that I wouldn't welcome at least one more Indian Summer day. Please, Mother Nature? No excuses. I promise I'll make the most of it. Might even lay out, er, work out, with my personal trainer Mr. Deck Chair.

Give me a chance!




No comments: