Sunday, October 19, 2014

Vroom Broom

Fancy this... Today I took time to park my broom and realized it can be used for something other than my daily transportation.

Did you know it could be used as a cleaning tool? My floors were shocked at the introduction, but I think they learned to like it!

I seriously took to some fall cleaning today. Just seemed like it had been ages since I'd been home long enough to do anything but quickly dust and sweep. Today was sunny and cool but breezy. Would have been a nice day for a "ride," but I put the broom to the floors, then mopped, also dusted and vacuumed and washed rugs and more.

Mr. Deck Chair got to bond with a sleeping bag that needed drying and my kitchen and bathroom rugs hung out with the rest of the Deck. The fresh air was a nice clothes dryer. I did already know this from my childhood laundry fun with the clothes line. Am too lazy now to have one, but I do appreciate the original fresh outdoor scent.

Since I was on a roll, I got a few pro-bono projects done – items I volunteered to do for various committees and "causes". It was good to get some of that done, too.

In between all that, I watched the Packer game. Yup, you read that correctly.

First of all, the Vikings weren't on TV here. Well, except for the last-second play I really didn't need to see. Secondly, today was the day my winning tickets were in Green Bay.

I am sincerely glad I won Packer tickets so my sisters Romey and Raylene and their husbands could enjoy their first game at Lambeau. I watched for them on TV but did not need to SEE them to know they had a good time. The weather was nice, the Packers won and they even got to see the Badger Marching Band perform the 5th Quarter.

I'm no slouch when I give a gift!

They called me from the tailgating area before the game and were pretty excited! They said they even had Dad's Packer jacket with them in case it got cold. So he was there in spirit, too. I had a good cry over that. Just struck me today that I really miss him and all his ribbing during football season. Glad he got to "go" to a good game.

Glad I had something else to cry about on Sunday besides another Vikings loss.

Maybe my broom can be used to sweep away sad thoughts, too. Worth a try.



No comments: