Monday, January 26, 2015

By the Letter


Today I am grateful for communication, communication, communication. That's 3 things, trust me.

Example One: When faced with a new challenge at work that wouldn't have been challenging had there been prior communication... then I really appreciate communication!!

Example Two: Hubby claims I don't need a cell phone any more because he's texted me a handful of times recently and I actually see him before I see a text he sent perhaps hours earlier. "Why have a phone if you don't check it?" I know. I don't always remember to have the volume up so I can hear my alert of a new text.

Tonight, after kickboxing, I remembered to check my phone. Good thing. There was a critical text: We needed milk at home! I passed the test!

Example Three: Written communication is a lost art form. I am completely guilty of this. In fact, if I actually do "write" someone a letter, I type it just so they can read it instead of my messy handwriting. (And it's faster, of course.)

My Mom, though, is single-handedly keeping the Postal Service in business. At 80-plus years old, her penmanship is still perfect. And she enjoys using it! We got a nice letter from Mom today, telling us how her visit to Texas is going. Without asking them, I know each of my siblings have received a letter, too, not to mention a few aunts, uncles and cousins.

She's write, er right. Getting a handwritten letter in the mail does bring a smile!

I know that I now need to reciprocate and get a letter to her this week. I wonder if she would notice if I use a "handwriting" font and type it?

She might believe it if there's a font called "Chicken Scratch." I'll look into it...


No comments: