Friday, January 16, 2015

Phase One



I love that my company is on board with supporting our post-holiday re-entry to the work world in phases.

Now that we've been back on the clock for two weeks, it's time for Phase One. Hello, Three-day Weekend. Let the bonding begin!

While I don't take Martin Luther King Jr.'s efforts lightly,  I might as well admit right now that the two days leading up to his Monday holiday will have little to do with him.

Today when I got home from work, I took a power nap, had a quick supper, then hubby and I headed up north. Carter had to work so he couldn't join us for a brief visit with Jim's aunt and uncle in Mosinee on our way to Marathon for Assumption hoops action.

Last night their girls beat us in overtime. Tonight was quite the "dramatic" game. Our boys came from behind and were actually only one point down with a few seconds left. We then had the ball with only a half-second left. So intense! Just didn't have enough time to score. Dang. Tough loss. Of the boys' 5 losses this season, all have been by 6 points or less – and the last two have been by just one. Grr.

Still glad we made the trip to support the team. Have I mentioned I love high school hoops?

Plus, that's the only team some of us have to cheer for these days.

Today was Packer dress-up day at school. How does the son of two Vikings fans "participate" in a Green & Gold Day? Wearing a St. Paddy's Day shirt, of course!

I hope that means Shamrock Shakes are on the horizon. That will definitely get me through Phase One!

No comments: