Saturday, January 10, 2015

Running in Circles

I don't always go running in the winter time, but when I do, it's usually running errands on a Saturday.

Since we didn't have UBC class today due to our instructor doing Black Belt testing, I got to sleep in. I was going to walk on the treadmill and catch up on Orange is The New Black, but hubby hopped on it first. As an alternative, I found myself literally dusting off my old Billy Blanks Tae-Bo DVD. Wow, haven't done that in years. It was a good workout. Glad I didn't play hooky.

After that, I mapped out my plan for the day. I mean really mapped it out. Much like juggling, running errands is best to do in a circular fashion. Saves time and, in this case, gas. Plus it was cold out and I just wanted to minimize time out in this weather.

For my first stop, I made a B-line east (ha, County Trunk B, get it?) to Amherst to watch our Assumption Middle School girls play hoops. A couple friends have 7th and 8th grade daughters who play so I wanted to catch them in action. Unfortunately, they lost the game I saw by one point.

But, there was still a bonus...


I don't always travel 30 minutes to a middle school hoops tournament, but when I do, I pick the good ones! Oh yes! King Cone was actually vending there! I am probably the only person in frigid Wisconsin who spilled a drop of Oreo Grasshopper ice cream on their winter scarf today. But it was soooo worth it!

From Amherst, I followed my circle northwest to Fleet Farm in Stevens Point, where I had to exchange the Carhartt bibs I got Jim for Christmas. Now he has UN-quilted ones so he won't have to walk around like the Michelin Man when he blows snow.

From there, I went southwest to Plover to Menards. (Fleet AND Menards? This was a sort of redneck circle!) I knew my way around, though. Just had to pick up a few items there with a gift card.

After that, it was just westward ho to home.

Later, when hubby got home from visiting his aunt and uncle, we went to Wal-Mart for the final errand of the day. My to-do list and circle was complete.

Carter has to work tonight, so now, after running in circles, I can relax and read. Maybe watch a bit of football, though I don't care who wins.

I might also have to Google when Amherst is hosting their next basketball tournament!



No comments: