Sunday, January 25, 2015

Great-Full


Old English Proverb: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

New Teen Mother Proverb: You can set a teen's alarm, but you can't drag his butt out of bed for 8 o'clock church!

When your day starts like this, it's probably a good thing the pastor was preaching about gratitude.

He shared a study conducted on a group of people who took time each day to find 3 things for which they were grateful. After the completion of the study, more than 90% of the participants were happier and/or more positive.

That's really no surprise. When I get in a funk or want to whine about some "travesty" in my life, I always climb out of it when I realize how blessed I am. Our pastor challenged each of us to replicate that study – think of 3 of those blessings per day.

Today, despite the fact I could not get Carter out of bed to join me, I am grateful for my church and my church family. While Lutherans aren't exactly boisterous and outgoing, I still have managed to build some long-time friendships thanks to that church.

Secondly, I am thankful for my introduction to doTERRA essential oils. Had a great time today with two of my neighbors talking about some great uses for these miracle oils that have relieved my pain, healed wounds, lightened my mood and aided my sleep. It's great that there are natural and healthy alternatives. And great that I can continue learning more about them and how I can share them to help others.

Third, I am grateful (sort of) for teasing. Carter and Daddy like to tag-team picking on me, but I was laughing so hard tonight I couldn't protest if I wanted to! They crack me up. And I love that we have that time together! I also love paybacks, too, so I gotta put my thinking cap on...

It's GREAT that my life is FULL of blessings. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...


No comments: