Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Little Short on Dedication

Me and New Year's resolutions go together like oil and water. When you first mix us up, we are entangled with a common goal. Then we settle down and quickly separate, rarely to meet up again over the course of 365 days.

So I don't take them THAT seriously. They are just reminders to get back on track in areas where I either fell off the track or really didn't get on it to begin with in the past 52 weeks.

I did make sure I got on that treadmill awhile today. But when I was done and getting a drink out of the fridge, I noticed my leftover container from dinner last night, when I was too full but ordered a piece of Grasshopper Pie for dessert "to go."

There were actually 2 take out containers in there. One was from last week. And a princess like me never gets around to eating leftovers. I have good intentions, but rarely follow through. Unfortunately, I raised Carter to be the same way. Whoops. And Jim can't rib us about it enough!

So I chucked the container on the bottom of the stack and opened my pie container on top, only to find it was that leftover chicken. Jim had switched the containers. In case you are wondering if I dug through the garbage for my Grasshopper Pie, the answer is: Of course!! Thankfully the container didn't pop open so i just had to wipe off some cat hair from the outside and we were all good.

And the chicken container immediately went into the garbage. Well played, honey. Well played.

It was darn tasty pie, too! Naturally, it erased any treadmill progress but I'll get better at thinking that through soon.

In fact, I may be starting in a new health and fitness direction for the new year. We'll see how it pans out but I am accompanying some friends as their "guest" at a morning class tomorrow. That would be a 5:45 a.m. class.

Why not ponder a resolution with all odds stacked against me, eh? Please give me the benefit of the doubt for one day anyway. Just one...





No comments: