Saturday, January 17, 2015

Salt-Free Diet

Did you hear that? That's my car giving a contented sigh after a much-needed bath today!

Finally, the temps inched up above the freezing mark and it was time to tackle the layers and layers of salt, slush and more salt on our vehicles. You southerners have no idea how we envy you and your "salt-free" existence.

After going to UBC class at 8 a.m., I went to Book Club over coffee (very enjoyable) and then headed to one of the car washes. Everyone had the same idea. It was 40 degrees and our cars were begging for a shower. When I saw the line was a mile long at one, I found another one down the road.

I realize it will be dirty again before I know it, but for now, we are squeaky clean!

I did not get a chance to get outside to enjoy the mild day. After the morning errands, I did my Saturday chores, got some groceries, then hubby and I went to the girls basketball game in town. Assumption was hosting Peshtigo in an afternoon matchup. We won quite handily, which felt good after two nights of losses by the Royals.

Afterward, a few of us parents went out to eat, chat and solve the world's problems. Since my biggest problem was my filthy car, I had everything solved already. Still stuck around several hours just in case I could lend expertise to anyone else's. Ha.

Quite sure I didn't, but it was a fun time. Nice way to spend my "bonus" day in this 3-day weekend.

Hopefully my car gets at least one more bonus day of being "salt free." Just like humans, it's what's best for her.






No comments: