Tuesday, February 3, 2015

'80s Live On


You can run from the '80s, but you can't hide them!

I don't know if I should be offended or honored that the teenager next door thought of ME when she needed some '80s clothes for a school project.

Pretty sure she just knows a fashion icon when she sees one!

Since it was a last-minute request (as all teenagers with homework tend to do), I could only gather two neon graffiti shirts and spandex shorts, a rare GUESS sweatshirt, a Luck Cardinals painter cap (those rocked), my coveted sunglasses collection (which seems to be in style now), and the little Lynn Dickey and Tommy Kramer jersey shirts my twin sister I wore, respectively. Oh, and a t-shirt from the '84 Olympics when my sister lived in L.A.

In case you're wondering, there is probably more where all that came from. Probably best I didn't have more time.

I had to race into school for a senior class registration meeting. At the end of this year, Carter will actually have enough credits to graduate. Crazy. But he's not sloughing off his senior year. He'll have fun stuff like physics, calculus and stats. Yikes.

We also learned about next steps for college prep – from ACT testing to campus visits and admissions applications. Gonna be a busy 2015. But while there seems to be more to do than back in "my day," there are more helpful resources, too.

If I flounder, I'll just ask other parents who have experienced this recently. Or, if I see a spot of neon or some totally tubular outfit, I'll ask that parent. They obviously know everything that matters.

Like, totally.




No comments: