Sunday, February 15, 2015

Can't Contain It

When one is organizing for an upcoming scrapbooking weekend, a container ship comes to mind. There is sooooo much to pack for CCAL (Camp Crop-A-Lot)!

Let's see... I've got a rolling cart with decorative papers, blank pages and page protectors, paper trimmers (yes, you need more than one style), scissors and adhesives, and photos and more. Then I have another rolling cart with "plain" cardstock papers for matting photos, making borders or cutting out letters with the Cricut. And let's not forget the container of Cricut cartridges and the Cricut box, which contains the Cricut, an extension cord, a table lamp and a "sticker maker."

Then there are 12x12 plastic drawer-like containers for Assumption-related papers and stickers, Carter's 10th-grade photos and memorabilia and Carter's-11th grade photos and memorabilia to date. There is one more drawer of 2012 pages for the family album, plus a bag with related photos, papers and memorabilia – if I actually get to that album next weekend. (My mission is to finish Carter's 10th-grade pages and do his 11th grade to the present.)

Of course, this doesn't include the sleeping bag, pillow, towel and clothes, toiletries, soda or water, plus snacks and food for one of the meals. And whatever else I can't think of right now.

Thanks to a focused day, I am ready to load most of it on my ship. Actually, I was too busy to unpack most of it from last year, so I was a step ahead.

That's a good thing since I am looking at a fast and busy week. If I hope to get anything else productive done, well, I think that ship has sailed...




No comments: