Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What are the Odds?

Tonight's Powerball jackpot is estimated at $500 million, reduced to something like only $370 million for a lump sum payout. How would one manage with just that??

I heard that this is the 3rd largest prize in Powerball history. So all the big pot-heads (I mean the legal kind) are coming out of the woodwork to vie for MY pot. Well the pot that belongs to those of us who regularly play anyway. We should get an extra special chance, doncha think?

Unfortunately, that's not how it works. With the odds of winning about one in 175 million, I actually have a better shot at playing for the NBA.

I think I'm screwed both ways. The NBA does not need a 5-foot-2, 40-something-year-old player. And I don't think God feels I would be responsible enough to handle a pot-load of money. Hey, I'd be content splitting with another winner. Or, in our case at work, 49 other people.

I think I could still manage with my piece of the pie.

What would I do with it, besides go somewhere warm immediately? Well, there's Carter's college to pay for. Then there are a lot of worthy causes from family members (duh) to our (yes, I'd share with hubby) favorite charities. There are so many people I'd want to help.

First, though, I'd want to get new windshield wipers for my car. Then plan on getting a new screen door for the front deck this spring. Of course, selfishly, I'd also buy King Cone and move it to my neighborhood.

See? I'm totally responsible with my fiscal decisions! Just give me a chance.

Besides the ONE in 175 million, that is.

Good luck!!



No comments: