Saturday, February 14, 2015

Love Life


Our neighbors are always good about using their barn to remind us what season it is. It's been nice to see the lighted heart-shaped wreath for the past month. Every time I drive by I think about LOVE. What could be better than that?

As one of those "word people," I have come to discover the many meanings of love and many levels. Today, on Valentine's Day, it was good to experience quite a few!

Woke up feeling a bit under the weather but LOVE that my essential oils have improved that situation throughout the day.

My mood at 7 a.m. was also lifted by a Valentine's present from hubby. Something soft and WARM to wear after a shower and something chocolate and minty for ANY time! And what did I get Jim? A toaster, of course! And he LOVES it! Hey, we've seriously needed a new one for a few years but it's just not one of those things you think of when you are buying groceries and what not. Now I finally remembered. He and Carter were both excited about it. I was just happy to heat up the romance, er bread.

Went to my Ultimate Body Challenge class at 7:45 a.m. Still LOVE it after 6 weeks and LOVE that I am starting to see, well feel really, results. Just a bit. Apparently, the body doesn't really start making noticeable changes until the 8-week mark (that's for any major health and exercise transformation, not just UBC). So I'll stick with it and probably continue after the 10-week session is up. It is tough but so fun, too! And it warms you up on a day when it is single digits and the windchill is way below zero!

After class, I walked around to the front of the building, which is a cafe and bakery, for my monthly book club meeting. Three things to LOVE there... reading, good coffee and, most importantly, girlfriends! We discussed the book The Kitchen House and rambled on about other "important" topics, too. What a nice way to start a Saturday!

Got home and got to see Carter for a bit before he ran some errands with friends and went to the girls basketball game this afternoon versus Elk Mound. He had to work tonight so no dates and no other social life. That's OK, Mom and Dad took care of that.

We went to the game as well. It was a good one. We had a huge lead early on, then the Mounders (I can't make that up) got their act together. Our girls managed to hold off a comeback and won. Afterwards, we went out with a couple of friends to eat, drink and be merry at Sportsmen's Bar & Grill. I had an excellent Buffalo Chicken Wrap (because I LOVE hot stuff!). And we had very nice visit.

It feels good to be home early. All this lovin' can wear a girl out! Plus I need to hit the hay early. I LOVE being healthy and need to see if I can stave off this unhealthy tickle in my throat.

Just waiting for the bed to heat up... and I do mean the electric mattress pad! You know I LOVE a good night's sleep, too...



No comments: