Sunday, February 22, 2015

This One Time at Scrap Camp...

Groggily find myself back in the land of reality after spending another fun weekend at Camp Crop-A-Lot!

For the past couple of years my BFF from high school has joined me to work on scrapbooks for her graduating daughters. Since Julie's youngest is done with school this June, I'll have to assign a project so she'll come back next year. It's always so nice to visit in person and give Luck some representation in central Wisconsin!

My main scrapping focus of the weekend was Carter's high school albums. His 9th-10th grade scrapbook is officially done. Yay! Got started on his 11th-12th grade one, too, and am just wrapping up his State Cross Country pages. Finished off almost 40 pages for the weekend and I am close to current with his albums.

Don't ask about my "annual family albums." I think I last worked as far as June of 2012. Once Carter graduates, I'll have to go back and make up for lost time. Or just scrapbook more often!

But nothing can compare to Camp Crop-A-Lot. Each year, we "earn" tickets to increase our chances at winning fabulous prizes. You can earn them in a variety of ways from conquering layout challenges to participating in games to dressing up to match the year's theme.

This year we were the Seasons of Change since the scrapbooking company Creative Memories has undergone so many transitions in the past year. Each attendee was assigned a season to represent in team games and a fashion parade. I was assigned spring. At first I was thinking rain or flowers or baseball spring training. Then I thought, "What is really my favorite part about this time of year??"

I think you knew the answer to that one, didn't you? Apparently, you are what you eat!

When I texted the picture to Jim, who had just informed me that my blood/glucose test results came in the mail and they are normal, I said: "Remember, the doctor says I normal." He replied: "Does our insurance cover second opinions?"

My creativity is underrated sometimes.

I did have my Shamrock Shake costume all set before camp. But then, as a bonus, my friend Becky's hubby came bearing gifts Saturday afternoon for her upcoming birthday – and a minty green gift for ME! Perfect timing. I got to carry it last night in our fashion parade and tied for the best costume win.

Honestly, just getting a Shamrock Shake is a win-win, isn't it?

Speaking of winning... While I was gone, Carter participated in Solo and Ensembles. He had 3 ensembles. His trio got a first. His brass ensemble got a starred first and is going to state. Carter also did a duet but had to leave right after to go to work. His duet partner told him they got a second and that really bummed Carter out. Wasn't until late Friday night after Carter got home from work that his partner told him he had been joking and they are going to state! What a stinker.

So when I got home tonight, the guys were having steak to celebrate. I didn't have any. After Camp Eat-A-Lot, I am usually full for a few days. A Shamrock Shake probably wouldn't even tempt me.

But don't let that stop you from gifting one to me if you had already planned on it...


No comments: