Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Minutes

A few minutes from my Monday...

Shame-rock Shake: What use is a network that gives me sneak previews to Shamrock Shake season when I don't get to McDonald's?? Still haven't had my first one yet! How can I be too busy? I feel like I am letting the team down. Will have to rectify that soon!

Work It, Baby: Our cardio kickboxing teacher is back after having shoulder surgery two weeks ago. No worries, it's not going to happen to me unless I am doing this for 30 more years like he has. He worked us hard tonight and it felt great to sweat off the weekend sloth!

Came across this cartoon today and it reminded me why I stress that it really takes courage to do an exercise class – in public!! Yikes.


Athletic Supporters: There is no such thing as "extra money," but this is also a reminder to set some aside if you have to and invest in proper exercise gear! I don't slouch when it comes to my running shoes. I don't need the injuries. And some days my spendy sports bra works harder than anyone! Amen.

Old Grammy: I was like an old grammy last night and went to bed without even tuning in the Grammys. I think I learned all I needed to know online today. It's always interesting that some of my '80s icons are still making appearances (perhaps displaying too much) and / or singing, too. Props to Annie Lennox and Prince. Madonna... well, she may need to save her pennies to buy something to cover her assets. Just this old grammy's opinion!

Speaking of grammy-like behavior. It's bedtime for me. That 5 a.m. exercise alarm comes way too early!!!

No comments: