Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Jump for Joy


I had occasion to do a happy dance today.

Last Tuesday – yes, a full week ago – my computer at work got inadvertently fried. When you rely on a computer for your job, the timing is never good. I worked on my home computer one day and had a "temporary" computer by Thursday. Meanwhile, my computer was sent to our home office in Cincinnati for an I.T. guy there to take apart, attempt to extract my hard drive and all my data (aka files).

It wasn't until this afternoon that a flash drive showed up with everything they could extract. I wasn't getting my OLD computer back but they did manage to retrieve all my files. Wow! Jump for joy. That was unexpected. I mean I hoped for it, but it rarely happens they can save what was on the "desktop". Very nice, I.T. Gods!

Now, all I have to do is get my fonts in order and, of course, redo all my Internet bookmarks and attempt to remember all my login user names and passwords. Already hit one snag there today and I sure hope the answer comes to me in a dream because it is not written down anywhere. Grrr. Sucks to get old.

On a positive note, I survived another day of cardio kickboxing despite the fact my hips and glutes were hurting. Too many squats yesterday.

Good thing a little jumping for joy loosens that right up. Everything is good as new again.

Knock on wood.





No comments: