Thursday, February 12, 2015

On Your Best Behavior


My Thursday was 5:40 a.m. UBC class, then off to work, followed by secret shopping for Saturday, then off to back-to-back meetings. Somewhere in there I sneaked in a drive-thru visit and got my first Shamrock Shake of the season... finally!! I am home now and ready to drop.

I will not gripe about it, though.

Each item on my schedule made me a better person.

The workout helped me physically and emotionally. Work helped me mentally and financially (didn't win the Powerball last night). My secret shopping merely made me a better wife and mom – even though I don't need material things to show my guys love on Valentine's Day.

But the meetings were the most important. By taking time to help others, I am helping myself. There's a phrase that goes something like "You can't share the perfume of happiness without getting some on yourself." It's true. I might complain about time commitments, but in the end, knowing that my help – along with other dedicated folks – is making someone's life a teeny bit better makes mine better, too.

I like the message in that photo. Basically, actions speak louder than words.

You know me. I always have plenty of words to say. Now it's time to act on them! You can give it a try, too. It's amazing really – you can give and receive at the same time.

What a blessing.


No comments: