Friday, March 20, 2015

Basketball-emy Brothers


In the battle between Bucky Badger and the Bellamy Brothers, can you believe the Bellamys won?

Several months ago, Jim and sister purchased tickets for tonight's show as a gift for their mom and dad's birthdays (November and March). At the time, it was probably not on the radar that the Wisconsin Badgers would be ranked No. 1 and would be playing at the same time as the concert.

Probably wouldn't have mattered. Got home and it's halftime so I'll blog quick and get back to the March Madness action.

Concert was held at our Performing Arts Center, which must have been sold out because it was packed. Good show. Of course, hubby knew all but maybe 3 songs and I knew less than half. If you don't think you know any Bellamy Brothers songs, let me refresh your memory...

"Just let your love flow... like a mountain stream... let your love grow... with the smallest of dreams..."

"And I pray that someday I will find me a redneck girl... Gimme a, gimme a, gimme a redneck girl."

And everyone's favorite: "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me... If I swore you were an angel, would you treat me like the devil tonight."

So yes, you DO know some of the golden oldies. And yes, I may have been the youngest person in the audience. At least among the 10 youngest. Still had a good time, though!

Should get back to March Madness now. Last I checked, I had one more right on my bracket than my cat. Will see after tonight's games are done.

And, in case you missed it.... Today was the first day of spring FINALLY! Even with temps in the 30s, I spotted the first Robyn of spring and will share her picture...


Ha. I am a dork. For all seasons. Enjoy!


No comments: