Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Break

Carter is officially on Spring Break this week. First order of business was making sure I woke him up by noon today.

Oh, this is gonna get old real fast!

Actually, it will be nice to have a break from trying to get his butt out of bed each morning. Now we'll just be on our own time, on our own schedule ... and he can stay dead to the world for hours after I've worked out and made my way to work.

That's no fun. For ME.

Unfortunately, we just couldn't all take a break together and go somewhere warm. First, we figured Carter would be in baseball and practicing. That has changed but now it's too late to take vacation since someone else in my department at work already is on the beach in Florida with his wife and 4 kids. So that leaves 2 of us to do the work this week. It would be incredibly unfair of me to take any time off. Though I hear there's a Mr. Deck Chair available POOLSIDE for me any time I want to visit my sister and brother-in-law in Texas.

So tempting!

We are supposed to have real spring weather this week, though. As in rain showers and 40 degrees. We need moisture, that's for sure. I guess Carter will be stuck inside and will have to do some chores. He already said – and reiterated after our trip Up North yesterday – that he wants to totally clean his room and the basement.

I think he said "we," assuming I'd help. Sorry, spring breaker dude, you are on your own. I look forward to seeing the results, though.

Perhaps I'll appreciate the time in the office after all!

Enjoy your spring break in whatever form you choose (or are stuck) spending it!








No comments: