Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Forbidden Fruit


So Adam and Eve were tempted by the Forbidden Fruit much in the same way our children are tempted to do something just because we tell them not to.

"Don't touch that." They touch it.
"Don't put that in your mouth." They put it in their mouth.
"Stop running." They run.
"Don't go in there." The go in there.

Even though we are grownups and KNOW we should resist temptation and we KNOW curiosity killed the poor cat, we are lured by Pandora's box just as much as the next person of any age.

Every time I go to fill my water bottle at work, I walk past this door with a sign that says: "Please Do Not Open This Door For Any Reason."

I have become obsessed with it! What the heck could possibly be in there? Is it top secret? Is it "booby trapped" so everyone will know if I disobey the sign?

I am reminded of one of dozens of hilarious scenes in the movie Young Frankenstein.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Love is the only thing that can save this poor creature, and I am going to convince him that he is loved even at the cost of my own life. No matter what you hear in there, no matter how cruelly I beg you, no matter how terribly I may scream, do not open this door or you will undo everything I have worked for. Do you understand? Do not open this door."

I WANT to open that door! I showed hubby the picture I took and he said, "Oh, so-and-so showed me what was in there once." I immediately pounce on this: "What?? What is in there??"

Of course, he says, "I can't tell you. Stay out of there."

What a stinker!

Thank goodness I am working from home tomorrow and taking the afternoon off to go watch state basketball. That definitely will put that darn door out of my head.

Until I go to fill up my water bottle on Friday...

And you wonder why I can't sleep at night.


No comments: