Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Second Chance to Chill


Feeling pressure from my Mint constituents, I knew I better try one of those new Grasshopper Mousse Pie Blizzards this month.

While I had hoped to dip into one on Friday or Saturday, I wasn't in the vicinity of a Dairy Queen. On Sunday after church, I drove right by with all intentions to stop but even so close to noon, it wasn't open yet! By then I figured my diet gods had stronger will power than my mint network – or it just wasn't meant to be.

I'm a big fan of second chances, though.

Today I worked from the home office to accommodate an 11:30 church committee meeting. It just happened to get done before noon and my church just happens to be only 3 blocks from DQ. Just to make sure I didn't show up before noon, I stopped at the bank first. Then, as timing would have it, I got to DQ to see a neon OPEN sign.

I figured I better just order a small one – in case I didn't like it. (Eye Roll). Plus, I had worked out this morning and really didn't need to set myself back already. The "pie" was so light and fluffy, though, it couldn't have contained many calories, could it?

Glad I gave DQ a second chance to be open. While I enjoyed the new flavor – and wouldn't turn it down if one was purchased for me – I didn't fall in LOVE with it. I know, I know. I have high mint standards. Plus, I really prefer "hard" ice cream to soft serve. I feel like I'm getting some substance to the fat intake. Ha.

Between that and the open window in my office (60 degrees today), I was in a good mood.

Even after parent-teacher conferences! Nothing too bad. Carter is still "a joy to have in class" and charming and respectful. He just has some study habits he needs to hone sooner rather than later.

Good thing I am not the only one who believes in second chances!


No comments: