Thursday, March 26, 2015

Stranglehold

stranglehold |ˈstraNGgəlˌhōld |
noun [ in sing. ]
• a grip around the neck of another person that can kill by asphyxiation if held for long enough.
• complete or overwhelming control
• a LOVING hug between twin sisters


I wonder what it was like in the womb for my twin and I. Did we come out kicking and screaming at each other or just kicking and screaming?

It crossed my mind today when I shared a Throwback Thursday photo of Raylene and I out for a walk in the woods with Mom, who celebrated her 83rd birthday yesterday.

My brother pointed out that I (in the middle) had a nice stranglehold on my loving sister. I had to chuckle because that was not the first picture I recalled seeing that. Case in point...

Were we dancing or were we stopping mid-wrestle to say "cheese"? Only the picture-taker knows.

I am, however, a little nervous to look back at more childhood photos. I mean I do consider myself a hugger as an adult, but am I a danger to society? Will something happen with my new-found strength?

Don't lose sleep over it. Remember I couldn't open the pickle jar last week? Well this morning I could not rip open the bag of frozen veggies – even at the "tear here" line. Where am I hiding my strength?

I certainly have no problem pounding on the snooze button in the morning. Or tapping in my answers to Trivia Crack. Or spooning ice cream in my mouth.

Yup, I think my twin – and the world – is safe from me!

Hugs!


No comments: