Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Well, Shake My Shamrocks


I am 100% Scandi-hoovian but since I live with two Irishmen, can speak blarney with the best o' them and can shake my shamrocks without shame, I celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

And by celebrate, I merely mean I make it a point to partake in something green – of the mint variety, not vegetables.


I worked at home office today and did not wear a spot of green. By late afternoon, though, I told hubby I planned to have a Shamrock Shake (and designed the sign above to honor it) or an Arby's Andes Mint Chocolate Swirl Shake for supper. He was going to run a errand in town and said that would be out of his way.

I took that to mean I better go get me own. So after I was done with work, I went to Arby's, which has my vote now for best mint effort – as you can see from the photo up top! Came home and enjoyed that while watching The Voice. Was just getting done when Jim got home.

With an Andes Mint Chocolate Swirl Shake.

Well, shake my shamrocks! He went out of his way for me! Wow, I couldn't drink another sip after I was done with mine. But I'll see if it freezes well and I can celebrate again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll keep calm and kiss my favorite Irishman!



No comments: