Friday, March 13, 2015

Walkin' On Sunshine

According to one of my co-workers, today was the warmest day in the past 100 days or so. I believe it. We definitely haven't seen 66 degrees in 2015, that's for sure.

Too bad I had to work. INSIDE.

I did manage to take a very slow walk around the outside perimeter of the office in mid-afternoon. I stepped carefully with my face tilted to the sun, enjoying that unusual warmth! Oh what a lovely taste of spring!

I'm pretty sure even from Iola I could hear Mr. Deck Chair calling me from 45 miles away, summoning me to his side. Unfortunately, I had to stand him up. No date today. Work comes first after a day off.

After work, I headed straight into town. Stopped at the library to pick up a new audio book for next week. Then went over to St. Lawrence for their Lenten Fish Fry. The Austins had quite the presence there. Jim was washing dishes (as he does there every Friday) and both his mom and sister were pouring beverages for diners at their tables. I was the only slacker NOT volunteering – and eating. Oh well, I paid for my meal so I was helping the cause, right?

Came home from there because I had the house to myself since Carter was washing dishes, too (at work). Got some laundry done and watched some girls high school hoops.

My college roommate is a JV coach for one of the Division 3 schools (Kettle Moraine Lutheran) so I got to see her on TV, sitting on the bench taking stats. We were both hoping our teams would win so we'd both be in Green Bay tomorrow. Her team lost, though, so we'll have to try another time!

Our Royal Fan-Mobile will be on the road at 8 a.m. so I guess I should get some sleep and dream about the beach. I think it will be spring-like for the weekend and then back to highs in the 40s next week. Ugh.

Gotta walk on sunshine while we can!






No comments: