Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Reunited...



There was a song by Peaches & Herb in the late '70s that perfectly described my reunion with Mr. Deck Chair today. "Reunited... And it feels so good..."

Granted, it was only 57 degrees and I still had to swear pants and T-shirt, but it was sunny and I was determined to bring Mr. Deck Chair out of hiding while it was still March.

I was working at the home office today and considered it my "afternoon coffee break." I lasted maybe 10 minutes, but it was just long enough to feel the sun's warmth on my face. Ahhhh.... Spring.

The other sign of spring was that Carter was seriously starting some spring cleaning in the basement. While I was working, he was working on throwing out old toys and papers and setting things aside to be priced for the upcoming garage sale at his former babysitter's. After work, I started pricing things and actually had to run to Wal-Mart because I ran out of masking tape!

I'm taking a quick break to blog now because the slave driver is eating dinner. I don't know if Carter is so motivated because he wants to break the hereditary hoarding cycle or if he just wants to get his "man cave" in order.

Doesn't matter me. As long as he keeps doing the hard part. I just have to keep up.

Better get reunited with my Sharpie and masking tape again. I'm just lucky I got to have my enjoyable reunion earlier before slave driver noticed I was missing!

Reunited and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood
There's one perfect fit
And, Mr. Deck Chair, this one is it
We both are so excited 'cause we're reunited, hey, hey...




No comments: