Sunday, July 19, 2015

Berry Busy

When summer church services are at 9 a.m., you wouldn't think one would have to set an alarm, would you? I didn't think so either.

But this morning I got up at 8:27 a.m. and managed to shower, curl my hair, throw on a dress and makeup and get to church only 1 or 2 minutes late! Feel free to be amazed.

On the way home, I had to stop at Wal-Mart for a few things. The best time to shop is after church. I am appropriately dressed for public viewing for a change. So I was glad I ran into at least 3 people I know! Makes up for a previous scary appearance or 2.

I was trying to figure out what to do with some raspberries we got from friends. So I bought an angel food cake, some white chocolate pudding and Cool Whip. The result...


Another trifle bowl creation! This was before I refrigerated it for awhile. Was not as pretty in terms of layers – cake then pudding then berries – but it tasted great topped with a big dollop of whipped cream. Yummy flavors of summer! And so "light" I am almost sure it was healthy.

That was my treat today – well, twice – even though it is apparently International Ice Cream Day or something. I kind couldn't justify returning to King Cone after hubby and I stopped yesterday. So I had a little Schwan's Root Beer Float Bar to satisfy the daily requirement.

For the record, I did go for a 3-mile run so I could ease my conscience. It was a slow run but that gave me extra time to burn more calories, right?

Other than that, I was inside in the air-conditioning and working on some design projects, paying some bills, doing laundry and too many exciting tasks to mention! I hate to make you jealous so I'll stop right there. I probably should get to bed early anyway.

Start my new job tomorrow. I better set the alarm this time.




No comments: