Friday, July 10, 2015

Home SWEET Home


I'm so happy to have our boy back home – and not just because he brought me a big German Chocolate Mint candy bar!

But I'm sure that has something to do with it. Ha.



The kids landed in Minneapolis in the early evening. Their charter bus arrived to an anxious group of parents at Assumption High School shortly before 11 p.m. Yes, I was so impatient to see him I even took a picture of the bus before disembarked!

Then it was a mass of hugging and kissing all around! 

Here are 3 of the 5 guys who went...


Mason, Carter and Trevor... all pretty tired after a long flight and little sleep. Surprisingly, Carter wasn't hungry so we just came straight home. Since we knew I was going to be gone all day and evening today at the car show, Carter decided to give us our gifts last night.

Besides the mint chocolate bar I was tempted to eat for breakfast, Carter got me a Bavarian patterned apron for all my baking.  We all got some neat items from the glass factory he toured. Jim got two beer steins, one from Lukas' parents and one from the brewery Carter toured. I go another apron from Lukas' parents, too. Since I always send Monster Cookies when we ship Lukas a package, he knows I like to bake, too!

Carter gave us just a quick run down of his trip and we didn't even get a chance to see photos yet. He said it was simply amazing and fun and he had an enjoyable time staying with his "brother" and getting to know his family. Super excellent all around.

Not sure what he did all day after sleeping in. Jim worked and I was at car show until after 8 tonight. Just showered and basically have to get to bed so I can go back tomorrow for one more day. Just a long busy day today!

Eventually I will have a few more car show pictures and, more importantly, Germany photos to share!




No comments: