Thursday, July 2, 2015

Just a Trifle Rich


I might have to start a blog or new Pinterest page called "Fun with Trifle Bowls"!

We had a potluck at work today so I figured I better make some use of that Trifle Bowl I HAD TO HAVE after my successful Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle last Christmas. I got the bowl late this spring on the cheap. But the stuff you can put into it is soooooo RICH!

I had pondered a patriotic display but opted for some peanut and chocolate because I craved it!!

Today's potluck invention.... Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle.
  • Bottom layer: Crumbled chocolate cake
  • Next layer: Crushed Nutter Butters
  • Next layer: Cheesecake Pudding & Cool Whip mix

Repeat layers and top with some randomly played crumbs and a Nutter Butter cookie broken in half for extra presentation points.

I just hoped it tasted as good as it looked. And oh my... It did not disappoint! Just like a creamy, rich peanut butter cup cheesecake or something. Wow. Fat-free, too.

No, not really, but I have to say something to draw in those calorie-conscious readers, don't I?

Oh, and it is so easy of course. I'm all about that. So I will share the recipe for my next creation when I do one. But like today, there are no crumbs left to share or spare.

I'm not trifling with you about that.


No comments: