Thursday, July 23, 2015

Door to Door

It is often said that when God closes a door, He opens a window. I think in my case, He just bypassed a window and knocked out a new door.

Literally and figuratively.

Figuratively, I have been thrown through a wide open portal and into a scary new work world. I know everything new takes time to adjust to so I am reminding myself to be patient and not worry about the alphabet soup (how many new acronyms??) I am drowning in.

By coincidence, I am deadlining on a freelance project so I have just been wiped out this week, as you may have noted by my lack of blogging. I still remain very positive and am especially excited about the literal new door that has opened, too.

Our front door has been in sad shape for years. Our biggest frustration – for us and guests – was that the sliding screen door refused to stay on track so would be difficult to open, sometimes falling off the track entirely. Probably didn't help that over the years a few people walked right through it. But still, there was something on the bottom, metal track that was crooked or something and it denied us a smooth opening.

We decided this spring we'd order a new door and get it installed while Carter was in Germany so we could surprise him. Well, that was our schedule, not our contractor's. He finally was available to show up today!

So before I even left for work, I had super clean windows... or lack of windows or a door! They got to work right away.

When I got home, I was greeted to a new door! We'll have some painting to do to match a few things up, but it looks nice AND guess what?

Look at that screen door slide closed!! It will be so nice to have the screen letting breezes in – and not the bees and flies. Kitty approves!

Seriously, I wonder how long I can keep these windows this clean. Maybe God isn't expecting that. He just opens a window, doesn't say we have to wash it.

I'm pretty sure with the big new door He opened for me that He just wants me to walk through one step at a time and enjoy the sunshine.

Yeah, let's go with that.



No comments: