Sunday, July 5, 2015

Triple Time


After going to church this morning, my "day of rest" was divided into 3 equal segments.

Had to tackle some more yardwork today, finishing removing the old, shorter bricks that had outlined the garden. Less than a hundred to dig out, fight off ants and worms, and then fill hole with dirt and even out the surface. Got that done and now await the other big bricks when hubby gets to Menards again.

I did make a run to Home Depot to get a few flowers, already potted and on clearance since nobody but me waits until July 4th weekend to do gardening stuff! By 2 p.m. when it was 80-some degrees, I called it a day, showered, started laundry and moved on to the next segment.

Since I needed to get my Book Club book finished for Thursday night, I sat on the couch in the air conditioning and finished that. Jim had golfed today and got home in time to watch some of the Women's World Cup Soccer Final.

When we got off to such a hot start, I decided I might as well multi-task and put new Jams on (Jamberry nails). Getting so good at that I did not miss any of the excitement.

After going to some high school girls soccer games this year, it was fun to watch. Turned out to be a pretty good "show" on TV tonight! Way to go, USA!!

Don't think I can fit any more major time segments in my day so I think I'll get my lunch together and hit the hay early. My body is still physically exhausted from all this labor. Will finish up this week when it is cooler in the evenings.

Not that I am complaining. About time summer got here! I might just have to segment out some time for Mr. Deck Chair...


No comments: