Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time Warped

The calendar may say 2015 but my mind is back in 1940.

Although I have known for months we are having a Hedberg family reunion this Saturday, I naturally am waiting until tonight to get my family tree stuff together. I previously forwarded all my names and dates, etc., to my two cousins hosting the event. But, I had hoped I could also get some Census records together and bring those along.

I had only done up to 1920. So that meant a trip to the library, where they now have free access to a genealogy website for the info. Darn, I wanted to fire up the microfiche machine! I did find out a few things and wrote them down.

Now I should really type them up so they look nice, but I actually will not be home between now and when we leave Friday afternoon – except to sleep. Well, I have to squeeze in work, making a dessert, going to a potluck picnic, packing, work, packing some more.

Probably best I log off and get to it.

I wonder if I'll figure out which forefather or mother passed on that procrastination gene...





No comments: