Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Everything Week

If you enjoyed the day off today you can thank my hubby. Apparently his birthday is a national holiday!

Most years he just brags that "I always get the day after my birthday off," but this year, with the 4th on a Saturday, today was the paid holiday for most of us. Thanks, Jim! What a great way to wrap up a week of everything – my birthday, our anniversary and his birthday!

Today he actually got up a "normal" time (too stinkin' early) and went for a walk around the lake. Then he went golfing by himself. I think he was teeing off on the 3rd hole about the time I rolled out of bed. Hey, what can I say, it's my day off!

He did get to relax most of the day, which was good, and I left him to his remote and couch. Since the weather was pleasant, I ended up spending the morning hacking weeds and clearing out some overgrowth in what would be nice landscape areas for someone without two black thumbs. I still might get things to look OK, though.

After a shower, I ran some errands in town, including a stop at Home Depot, the library and Jim's aunt and uncle's house. Had a nice visit there and came home to sit out in the sun with next-door neighbor Cindy for a good hour visit.

Then it was off the races.

Jim and I picked up his parents and went to see our nephew Colin race up in Marshfield. He had a good night. He qualified 3rd, then got spun out in the heat race. During the main feature, he was neck and neck with the 2nd place car. He ended up finishing 3rd after a hard-fought race. His best finish this season so we were happy for him!

That was our excitement for the holiday. No concrete plans the rest of the weekend. I have more yard stuff to do and well, I could pick any room in the house and go nuts, too. I think I need a 7-day weekend!

Think hubby can pull some strings for some more holidays next week??


No comments: