Saturday, July 11, 2015

Car Show and Tell

I actually did have a lot of work to do at the car show this year so did not have the usual amount of opportunities to take "conversation piece" photos. But I managed to get a few...

 
Here's me, just hanging out with Ryan Evans from Count's Kustoms (Chasing Cars TV show).... because I'm cool like that. No, I don't watch the show, but you know me, I am a celebrity junkie!

The swap meet area doesn't just have car parts. Here I could get my initials for my office wall. Some 3 to 4 feet tall and only $25 per letter. I passed when I wondered if my little hybrid could haul them!

Loved Charlie's Angels! The only reason I did not buy this is because it had "Kris" (aka Cheryl Ladd) on there and not "Jill" (aka Farrah). Not really. The $95 price tag had something to do with it.

I think I warned you there is an abundance of tattoos. Apparently this "Cadillac" fan was more concerned about finding the perfect hat than, say, a shirt.

No shortage of political controversy. Though no one batted an eye at this display.

Or at the sight of a multitude of Confederate flags.

And then there was the shirtless man who was strutting his stuff in front of  our booth. He just kept strutting. I don't know if he was trying to get steps on a pedometer or just needed to show of his tanned muscles.

Meanwhile, the dancing cowboy was wearing not a mere 10-gallon hat, but a 20-gallon one!

When it's this hot, why bother carrying a water bottle when you can hoist the whole pump?

I rarely (make that NEVER) take photos in a bathroom, but when I do I've spotted the Wicked Witch of the West. #Elphaba #Wicked 

Modified shopping cart with plenty of shade.

Modified cart with plenty of horsepower and traction!

Going on a lion hunt!



And this huntress caught a leopard or cheetah, which is amazing since they are darn fast, aren't they?

 
I missed this groovy pair in their '70s clothes and large wig. Just couldn't get my phone out fast enough to focus. Still am not sure where the costume party was.

More colorful hair to match an outfit. I really should try this. (Not.)

The colors in this truck spoke to me. Could have something to do with being a child of the '70s  and '80s. At least I kept my wig and platform shoes at home!

Carter drove over to the show today to get some license plates. Only 6 states left! Afterward we stopped at Shivers in Iola, where this photo was taken in 2007 with our friend (and someone's crush) Tamara before she moved on to a new job and her wedding.

Look how much the merry-go-round has shrunk in 8 years!

Took an artistic farewell shot, showing the trademark tower that is at the heart of the car show grounds. Another car show... another tale of survival.


No comments: