Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dinner Date


July 1st in Wisconsin means we are on the down-slide toward winter. At least it felt that way with wake-up temps in the 40s this morning. Was working from home and so tempted to turn the furnace on. Instead, I holed up in my office all day with my space heater full blast.

Yup. July in the Midwest!

Of course, July 1st also means something more. Our wedding anniversary! For you young folks out there, we suggest you don't follow our route: baby first, house next, then marriage. Sure, it worked for us but the traditional route to Happily Ever After should not be overlooked.

Speaking of happily ever after...

My Prince Charming took me out for a picnic dinner on Lake Wazeecha. We stopped at Subway and got our healthy sandwiches, then found a picnic table at the lake. My date even brought a table cloth!

But that's not all. When he was done eating, he went to the car and when he came back, had me close my eyes for a surprise. When I opened them, I was greeted with this...

Awwww.... He's such a romantic!! Cheesecake, candles and a nice view! He sure knows how to treat a girl.

I think I'll keep him!


No comments: