Monday, May 8, 2017

Dramatic Finish


Whoever says girls and drama don't mix has not been to a good softball game lately.

Since the baseball team was on the road at Stratford and the softball team was hosting them, I stopped by Robinson Park to take in some action and take a few photos of the undefeated Lady Royals.

Tonight was quite a test for them. Stratford has a very solid team and quite the pitcher! We were down 3-0 in the first inning. By the third inning we were down 7-2 and I was questioning whether I should stick around. I hate to see girls cry.

But they decided to offer up a different version of drama. As in smacking the ball, rallying to tie and, at the last possible at bat with 2 outs and full count, win the game with a well-struck ball to deep center. NICE!

 

It was quite the dramatic finish and every Royal player and fan was excited! Was glad I stopped by. And I did get lots of photos, too.

Was sorry the baseball team lost by 1 run, but we'll celebrate victories where we can. In fact, Tony treated me to King Cone when I got home.

Now that's the dramatic finish I could handle every day!



No comments: