Sunday, May 28, 2017

Low Stress, High Calorie



It's not so unusual to eat my way through a weekend. But when each "meal" involves cake, I'm sure I'll be paying for it at the meeting with Mr. Scale. Pretty sure I'll be avoiding him this week!

Can't believe it's been a year since we had Carter's graduation party on the Sunday of Memorial Weekend. Once again, the holiday weekend is proving to be busy with lots of food, friends and Royal Blue.

On Saturday we had two graduation parties. Today we had three. Tomorrow we have a 2-for-1 combo.

I know how much work goes into planning and executing a nice party. It would be rude of me not to sample the food they labored over and cake or cupcakes or bars they offered for dessert. So for the second night in a row I am going to bed with a full stomach and will probably have a stomach ache before dawn.

That's much too much food! But so good. And the company was great!

Awesome to spend plenty of time with friends – especially those on the same "party circuit" – and great to not be the one in charge.

Low stress this year. But the calorie count... probably off the charts.

Totally worth it. Congrats, graduates! Nice work, moms and dads.

No comments: