Friday, May 12, 2017

When It's Nice to Be Un-Balanced

While it's nice to have balance in life. Sometimes it's nice to have both sides of the proverbial see-saw going up.

Case in point: spring sports.

Just like the see-saw illustration, the girls are riding high right now. Our softball team is undefeated and ranked No. 1 for Division 5 schools in the state. Last I heard, that is. This evening, they continued the streak with a win over Pittsville, bringing their record to 12-0 overall. I only stopped at the game long enough to catch the Senior Night introductions. The team's true test will come Monday when they host Marathon, who is just one game behind them in our conference. Proud of them!

The boys, just like on the illustration, are sitting lower. We had a tough 4-1 loss to Pittsville at home. Pittsville has only had one conference loss this season and our Royals are sitting at .500 right now. I wish both boys and girls could be "up"!

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I liked the last one I took.

There's some major thinking going on there. Trying to figure out how to turn this around. And they can. Next week, they have at least 6 games, thanks to rain makeup dates.

So you may be subjected to an overabundance of play by play – or nothing at all.

Just be grateful I haven't tried to explain the new pitch count rules! And I do know them.

No comments: