Monday, May 22, 2017

Sunny Disposition

Once again it has seemed like our weather play list is stuck on repeat – much like the deja vu nature of the Groundhog Day movie. We wake up, it rains. We wake up, it rains...

Today, though, when the groundhog emerged, he saw his shadow. Do you know what that means? I'll tell you what it means. It means the sun was finally shining! Oh, sweet sun!

I really didn't have time to take a walk break at work, but I took one anyway. Had to get out and witness this unusual event. Thankfully, it was sunny, breezy and warm enough that it helped dry out the ballfield, too, so the baseball team could wrap up their season with a doubleheader tonight.

Since my kickboxing class got canceled, Carter and I went over to Witter Field to catch the second game. The Royals split the series with Northland Lutheran. Probably didn't matter too much since the seeding and playoff positions are established for the start of regionals on Thursday.

Nice to be out at the ballpark and not needing 5 layers like the last few games have required. I did not have my camera with me so I got to be lazy and visit with girlfriends – giving full attention to the game, of course.

Sure would be nice if this is the weather that would stay on repeat for the next week. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is not known for her sunny disposition.

No comments: