Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Twisted

Today had all the ingredients for wicked weather in Wisconsin. Temperatures were in the mid-80s in Wisconsin Rapids. Windy was gusting all day. And it was pretty humid.

Thankfully, in Wisconsin Rapids, that's all we had. In fact, I mowed the front lawn after work to get steps and sun, and we grilled steaks and fancy brats tonight to observe Tony's first day (well, night) at his new production job in Stevens Point and to celebrate a visit from No. 1 son Casey.

In my back home neck of the woods, though, it was a different story.


This is a picture shared on a news channel in Barron, which is near Chetek, where this trailer park was obliterated by a twister. At least one dead and dozens injured.

I get scared seeing stuff on the news knowing I have a lot of family living up in that area. Thankfully, all are present and accounted for. Some had wind, rain and hail, but that's it as far as I know. My mom said she got nothing. That tornado system, though, just kept trekking north and east so who knows how much more damage will be caused before we go to bed tonight.

Just saying a prayer of thanks that we're OK. My loved ones are OK. And praying for the victims and very busy emergency personnel dealing with the aftermath.

Hopefully this twisted weather won't hang around for long.

No comments: