Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Making the Cut


It's hard to instill a lesson about the negative impact of procrastination when things work out in the end – despite it.

When job plans in P-Town fell through, College Boy came way late to the game of finding summer employment in central Wisconsin. We're talking applying in May when most kids have their jobs lined up around spring break time. I scrambled and sent him links to numerous jobs and he applied to maybe 8 or 10.

Last week, his first week home after finals, he had 5 interviews lined up Monday through Wednesday. By Wednesday afternoon, he had two job offers. He accepted the one for a local landscaping company. It sort of surprised me because the photo up top is one taken the last time he mowed our lawn.

You may think I'm kidding but I know Daddy taught him that day and I honestly can't recall when the boy did it again. But it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks.

Especially when they get paid to do it.

Since his new firm takes care of our lawn and landscaping at my work, I got to see the CEO (Cutting Evenly Often) in action.


Pretty sure he'd take that weed wacker after me if he knew what Mom was up to. He said I couldn't put this picture on Facebook. He did not specifically mention the blog. But I might not have heard him clearly over the din of the nearby lawn mowers.

Chalk it up to workplace hazard.

No comments: