Saturday, May 20, 2017

Love Triangle


As much as I enjoy doing things for others, if I am going to get up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning, there better be something in it for me.

And today there was.

A year ago, hubby and I were casually looking for a replacement vehicle for me. My Honda Insight is a great commuter car but now that I am driving 6 miles to work instead of 100 round-trip per day, I was ready to upgrade to a "grownup car" as I termed it. And I guess, any car with cruise would qualify. Yep, commuting 500 miles a week and no cruise. That was no fun. At least it wasn't bad in the new, shorter commute, but it got me looking around.

Enter Bonus Boy #1, my stepson Casey, who started wheeling and dealing cars last year in the Twin Cities. And guided a recent search.


Through a series of endless texts and communications this week with this charming car salesman, I had word late yesterday that a certain Honda I had my eye on was still in the lot – and mine for the taking if I got over to the Walser Toyota lot in Bloomington, Minnesota. I just happened to sort of be going that way today anyway for a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance.

And by sort of going that way, you can see in the triangle, I hit the road at 5:30 a.m. and headed straight west to Minnesota. Thanks to road construction and rain delays, I got there a little later than I hoped, but Casey was ready for me.

Despite the constant rain, it was a great day for car shopping ... when you know what you want. We test drove my Honda Accord and I loved it. Turns out it had more bells and whistles than I expected. I was drawn to it because it had cruise, backup camera, a moon roof and heated leather seats.

I was excited it also had bluetooth phone connection, navigation/GPS screen and a handful of other surprise options. The deal was sealed.

Even with the rain, we just HAD to get a picture! I had to borrow the dealership umbrella because I emptied everything – including 2 umbrellas – out of the Insight so it was ready for trade-in.

I hit the road around 12:30 for the second leg of the triangle from Bloomington to the Luck area. A slow, traffic-jammed, rainy drive. But there was still cake left when I got there so that was a bonus!

Had a very nice bridal shower (organized by my sister Rayna) for Zach's soon-to-be bride Liana.

Here she is with my sister Rachel, mother of the groom.

And with the grandmother of the groom!

It rained the whole time we were there and the whole drive back to Wisconsin Rapids, the third leg of the triangle. But it was a nice, comfortable cruise home.

Why is it a love triangle? Because I love my new car (and that salesman). And I love my family. And I love being back home to a full house!

No comments: