Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Second Day... and Third...


I swear on my twin sister's life that we are not 80 years old. It just feels like it some days.

Apparently my Sunday bragging that I could feel no pain after Saturday's Jigsaw Run was premature. Running Logic 101 says the worst day is always the "second day" after an event.

So Monday was quite the reality check. I did go to a previously scheduled chiropractic appointment and she suggested I take a break from that landscaping project. That's fine. Too busy during the week anyway.

She mentioned nothing about not running. She didn't need to. I can barely walk this week.

If you ever wonder if you have muscles, run 4 miles, wait 2 days and you'll find you have glutes and quads and hams and all kinds of good stuff. And you will feel each one shouting hello to you in the morning... and night... and every minute in between when you think moving is a good idea (or simply required).

The best thing is to get back on the horse or bike or whatever and ride it. Since this was from running, I guess I'll get back on my shoes and ride out the pain.

Through the fourth day... and the fifth day...

No comments: