Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Groundhog Day :: The Sequel

If you've seen the movie Groundhog Day, you know that Bill Murray's character keeps waking up to the same day. Alarm goes off to Sonny and Cher singing Babe, and it all goes downhill from there until he learns to use the Groundhog Day curse for the better.

I haven't figured that last part out.

Woke up early again to get to the office early. Went out to the garage. Put my key in the ignition and ... click, click, click. Nothing. Dead again.

So once again I slog across the wet lawn to the Teen Ghetto Machine and drive Carter's car to work. I probably shouldn't call it names since I may be driving it awhile. I kind of like the dashboard hula girl we gave him. It's a nice reminder of sunny, happier times in Maui!

Hubby did get my wheels to the mechanic and a new battery is set to arrive tomorrow. Then, hopefully my Groundhog curse will be over.

The only thing different today was I exchanged yesterday's trip to the hair artist with a trip today to the back cracker. Long overdue. I've been tensed up with stress so my upper back and neck are a wreck. Today, I couldn't turn my head so I had to get in there. The doc confirmed that I am a mess. "You've got a lot going on there!" At least we got it started with a crick, crick here and a crack, crack there. Another appointment Friday and we'll be making progress.

Can't have back problems if I am going to resume my hula lessons. Spring potholes sure make her dance. I don't know that I can keep up. Hopefully I can give her a rest, too, after tomorrow.

Please, no Sonny and Cher on the radio!


No comments: