Sunday, September 3, 2017

Lattice Rejoice and Be Glad

This is the day that the Lord hath made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Remember all those times I said it would be nice to have a day between Saturday and Sunday? Today sort of felt like that. A bonus day to get things done. Thanks be to God and all the domestic goddesses.

I was on a mission. I got my "Saturday chores" of dusting, sweeping and vacuuming done. Went to the store. Came home and painted and painted, made an Apple-Snicker Salad, and painted some more.

No matter what, I had to bring that summer landscaping project closer to completion. The thing with painting pieces of lattice is that it's putzy. The top lay, the under layer and the sides of both layers all need to be painted. I had 3 normal pieces and one longer one to get done before we could leave and get together with our friends Mike and Christine and company.

Got it done right before 3 p.m. so I could shower and we could head to town. Had a yummy barbecue and great visit with the gang. I think there were 16 of us and we hadn't gotten together as a group this summer. Very nice.

Tonight, just Christine and my scrap sister Jenny and I headed down to the Trail's End Bar to listen to the Almost Famous band play awhile. If you recall, the lead singer, Kat, is a classmate of hubby's. Got to visit with her on break, so that was nice.

What a rockin' way to draw the summer to a close. And we still get tomorrow!

Tomorrow is pretty booked so I'll just rejoice in what I got done and what I got to do today!

No comments: