Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September Born

When you think about how cold Januarys are in Wisconsin, it's no surprise that there are so many birthdays the 9th month of the year. Nearly half the people in my department at work have September birthdays! Needless to say, the Birthday Fairy has been working overtime.

I do my best to match the treat with the birthday boy or girl's taste. And if I don't know it, I just invent something in my trifle bowl or magic blue pan. No one complains.

Tomorrow's birthday girl likes apples. While it would have been nice to use local ones off a tree, I ended up buying pie filling to make my Caramel Apple Crisp. I am sure the "girl" won't mind. The rest is my mom's recipe. Plus, I found a bonus ingredient.


Did you know the chocolate-maker Ghirardelli now makes caramel-flavored chips? Found them by accident tonight. So I melted a cup of those and drizzled it over the top of the crisp when it got out of the oven. Now it really is a CARAMEL apple crisp!

If it tastes as good as it looks, we're in business.

Just need to remember to grab the Cool Whip and a mighty big spoon when I head out the door in the morning. Then that's a wrap for September treats.

For work, anyway.


No comments: