Friday, September 22, 2017

Welcome to H-autumn


Nothing like getting in a 98-degree car after a long day at work! Isn't that crazy for the first day of fall?

Actually the high was more like 90, I think, which, yeah, is still pretty hot. And it was humid, too! tomorrow I'll have time outside so at least I can experience it.

Did you know that 5 years ago on this day we had snow? Yes, at least in central Wisconsin. Several friends posted photos of that today on Facebook. Considering how we had the heat on last weekend, I can see how that would happen.

I couldn't recall the fall flakes and then realized we weren't here then. That was the week hubby and I were in New England grave hunting (for family tree stuff) and seeing what we could of Vermont, New York, New Hampshire and Massachusetts (Boston, anyway). Awesome, awesome trip.

I also recall we had just beat the peak of fall color out there. This year, I have seen trees change dramatically around here and already lose leaves. Then there are the great many that haven't started. I think this weather is goofing it all up. Instead of denying that it is too soon to have fall colors, I better embrace it and enjoy it!

In the meantime...


That's me to a T. Pumpkin spice, everything nice and – this weekend anyway – don't forget the ice.

No comments: