Thursday, September 21, 2017

Parting Words for Summer

I'm not kidding when I say my brain has run out of words this week. I've had a big project at work and, well, after more than 100 pages of words from my brain, it's painful to even try.

So my parting words for summer are brief. One, for the photo shown above, I hate the fact that it is ending. Hours of daylight are shrinking little by little 'til suddenly, getting home after 7 p.m. means getting home after dark.

Hate it.

Ironically, while I don't think we reached 90 degrees once this summer, we might see it tomorrow... when it's officially fall!

We'll see. Today was supposed to be crazy hot, too, but instead we had some off and on rain and the sun didn't stay until afternoon. Either way, it seems like it will be very summer-like to help us transition to autumn. I will not complain about that.

Plus, if my work project wraps up on time tomorrow, I might even be able to enjoy summer's leftovers.

I'll take them any time, Mother Nature. Any time.

No comments: