Friday, September 8, 2017

Spacing Out

Took advantage of an empty nest AND empty house tonight to watch a movie I've been wanting to see all year. Yes, literally all year.

Hubby is taking stats at the Assumption football game in Athens so I rented Hidden Figures. It was nominated for several Academy Awards but it usually takes me until the next awards season to see the old ones.

If you don't recall, Hidden Figures is the phenomenal true story of the black female mathematicians at NASA whose calculations helped fuel some of America’s greatest achievements in space. It was very well done and quite inspiring. It always makes me wonder how many untold true stories are waiting to be told so they can influence another generation.

While I was multi-tasking for the first half of it, I relaxed and enjoyed the second half. Glad I took some ME time.

Now it's off to bed early so I can leave the house at 5 a.m. and go watch my cowboy nephew ride in a big competition in Madison. Yup, horses and hay in the middle of the city. I'm pretty excited after all these years to finally see him in action.

Perhaps an untold story I will tell you about tomorrow night!



No comments: